The Tomball Municipal Court has Jurisdiction over "fine only" offenses that occur within the city limits, including traffic offenses, city ordinance violations, and other Class "C" misdemeanors.
- When you signed your citation, you promised to appear before the Tomball Municipal Court, in person, no later than the Court date listed on the citation. You must appear in Court on your scheduled Court date if you do not pay the scheduled fine or enter a plea beforehand. Phone calls do not count as appearances.
- Your signature on the citation is not a guilty plea.
- You have a right to contest the charges against you. You have a right to plea "Not Guilty" and have a trial in front of a judge or jury.
- You may be able to resolve your citation without coming to Court. Go to our "Resolving Your Citation" page to understand your options.
- If you hire an attorney, then your attorney may come to Court for you and appear in your place.
- If you fail to contact the Court, pay the scheduled fine, or enter a plea prior to your Court date, then you must appear in person at the Tomball Municipal Court on the date and time listed on your citation. If you fail to appear in Court, then a new charge may be filed against you for failing to appear. A warrant may be issued for your arrest. You may have to pay additional fees. You may also be denied renewal of your driver's license.
- If you have questions, please call or email the Court Clerk. It may take up to 7 days for your citation to be processed and entered into the Clerk's system. Please allow several days after your violation date before contacting the court.
- To look up your citation go to View and pay court citations online
- You may reschedule your Court date one time for any reason.
- Requests for a continuance must be made in person, or by attorney, on or before the scheduled Court date. You must fill out and sign a reset form at the Court Clerk’s office. No continuances will be granted by telephone.
- If you wish to reschedule your Court date more than once for any reason, then you must file a written "Motion for Continuance" at the Court Clerk's office on or before the scheduled Court date. Depending on the circumstances, the Judge may not allow additional continuances.
- Trial date Motions for Continuance must be filed with the Court Clerk at least ten days prior to the scheduled trial date.
- If you are under 17 years of age, then you must appear in Court with a parent or guardian on your scheduled Court date.
- If you are a juvenile, you may not pay your fine or enter a plea without first appearing in Court.
- If you are under the age of 18 years and you are charged with an offense arising under the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code, then you must be appear in court with a parent or guardian.
- If you are a minor charged with an alcohol-related offense, you may not pay your fine or enter a plea without first appearing in Court.
Paying the Scheduled Fine
- If you are not a juvenile, you may give up your right to appear in Court, waive your right to trial, and pay the scheduled fine for your offense. This will result in a conviction on your record. Go to our "Fine Schedule" page to determine the amount of your scheduled fine and costs. All convictions for moving violations are reported to Texas Department of Public Safety Records Division.
- Even if you do not wish to challenge your citation, there may still be a way to resolve your case without having a conviction. Go to our "Resolving Your Citation" page to understand your options.
- The Court accepts cash, checks, and money orders by mail or in person. Checks and money orders should be made payable to "City of Tomball". Company checks and temporary checks are not accepted.
- Credit cards (MasterCard and Visa) are accepted at the Court Clerk's office. Credit card holders need to appear in person.
- No payments will be taken over the telephone.
- You can make an online payments through our online payment option at Municipal Online Services. View and pay court citations online
Tomball Municipal Court
401 Market Street
Tomball, TX 77375