Go To Search
Click to Home
  Warrant Search

If you miss your court date without a valid excuse, a warrant may be issued for your arrest.  You may use the link above to see if a warrant has been issued in your case.  Some warrants may not appear online, so you should contact the Court Clerk if you want to confirm whether or not you have a warrant.

If you do not keep up with your payment plan, or if you otherwise fail to successfully complete your case, then you may be subject to a "post-judgment" arrest warrant, or "Capias Profine".

If you have an arrest warrant or Capias Profine, additional fees will be added to the fine and court costs that you may already owe.  Information about you and your vehicle will be entered into a nationwide police database. If you are stopped by police for any reason, the officer who stopped you will be notified by the police dispatcher that there is an outstanding warrant or Capias Profine for your arrest. You may be taken into custody.  Your vehicle may be impounded. 

Tomball Municipal Court is serious about serving warrants and Capias Profines.  If you have outstanding warrants, you should take immediate action.  Contact the Court right away. It will be costly and embarrassing if you are arrested at your home or business.


Please read this section very carefully.  If you make a good faith effort to resolve your warrants or Capias Profines, we will try to help you.  You will not be arrested if you come to Court to work things out. 

Your options include:  
  • Option # 1 :  Appear at Tomball Municipal Court and plea "Guilty" or "No Contest".  Pay your fine, court costs, and fees.  If you cannot pay the fine in one lump sum, then you may apply for a payment plan. 
  • Option #2: Appear at Tomball Municipal Court and post a cash bond.  The normal cash bond amount is the amount due listed on your warrant or Capias Profine.  Posting a bond will immediately remove arrest warrants.  Posting a bond does not mean that you are guilty of your charged offense.  You will be scheduled to come to court and discuss your case with the prosecutor.  If you wish to plea "Not Guilty" you can do so.  Your cash bond amount will be fully refunded to you when you come to court and resolve your case.  If you have a "post-judgment" warrant, or "Capias Profine", you cannot post a bond.
  • Option # 3:  Go to a bail bondsman (Surety) and have him post your bond for you.  You will have to find a bonding company that is registered with Harris County. Posting a bond is not payment of your fine. Your warrants will be lifted, but you will have to come to court on your scheduled date.  The fees you pay to a bail bondsman are not refundable.  NO OUT OF COUNTY BONDS WILL BE ACCEPTED.   If you have Capias Profines, you may not post a Surety bond.   
  • Option # 4: Hire an attorney.  Your attorney can file an "Attorney Bond" for you. Please note that the attorney has to be registered with Harris County as an approved surety.  Most importantly, your attorney can give you legal advice and tell you about all the consequences of your decisions relative to your case.  Remember, Court staff, judges, and prosecutors are not allowed to give you legal advice; only your attorney can do that.   
  • Option #5: You can turn yourself in to the Tomball Police Department.  You will be taken into custody.  A Magistrate will see you within 24 hours to discuss your options with you.  The Magistrate may lower your bond or release you without requiring a bond as long as you promise to appear in Court.
  • Option #6: Come to a "Safeharbor" docket and speak to the judge about your warrants or Capias Profines.  You will not be arrested if you appear in Court for a "Safeharbor" hearing.  "Safeharbor" dockets are usually on Wednesday mornings at 9:00.  You should contact the Court Clerk in advance for instructions on when and where to appear.  If you appear before the judge on a "Safeharbor" docket, the judge will place your warrants or Capias Profines "on hold" and you will not be arrested as long as you appear in Court and work toward resolving your cases as required. 
  • Option #7: Come to the Court Clerk's office during business hours to request a Court date.  You will not be arrested if you come to the Court Clerk's office to request a Court date.  You will be given a date to appear at a regular Docket and discuss your case with the Prosecutor and/or Judge.  If you schedule a Court date, your warrants or Capias Profines will be placed "on hold" and you will not be arrested as long as you appear on your Court date and work toward resolving your cases as required.

Payment options for warrants and Capias Profines are CASH, Credit Card (VISA or Mastercard ONLY), Money Order or a Certified Bank Check . NO PERSONAL CHECKS will be accepted once you have a warrant.  No phone payment will be accepted. Credit cards holders need to appear in person to make payments.

If your warrant has been assigned for collection, a Private Collection Agency will contact you with information about your warrants or Capias Profines and how to make payments. Be aware that your warrants or Capias Profines are still active even after your cases are assigned to a collection agency, and you are still subject to arrest until the warrants or Capias Profines are resolved.


If you do not have enough money to pay your fines and fees, then you may apply for a payment plan that allows you to delay payment or pay in installments.

Perhaps you lost your job or have serious health issues.  If you are unable to pay fines or fees because of some special circumstances, then you still have options to resolve your warrants or Capias Profines.  You should contact the Court right away.  The judge may have a hearing and determine that you are "indigent", or too poor to satisfy your cases with money. 

If you are "indigent" you may be able to pay your fines and fees by serving "Community Service" or some other sentencing alternatives.  However, the only way to know if you can work out your cases by alternative means is to come to Court and speak to the judge.