Make Tomball the hub for your fun-filled getaway to southeast Texas!
From history and nature, to fun-filled festivals, live music, sports, unique shopping and award-winning mom-and-pop restaurants, Tomball is at the center of it all. Make plans to visit a community that treats you like family in a place that feels like home.
Here’s just a sample of what’s waiting for you in Tomball, Texas right now!
- Tea rooms and Country cooking, award-winning Texas craft barbecue and Baja-style Mexican treats, homemade desserts and ice cream hand-dipped by real soda jerks.
- The Tomball Museum Center with a dozen restored buildings and museums.
- Tomball’s historic railroad Depot and museum
- The "O" scale T&W Model Railway and "Z" scale Golden~Blackhawk & Central City Model Railway
- More than 40 historic cemeteries, markers, museums and homes within a short drive
- A dozen driving ranges and golf courses for all skill levels are just minutes away
- Parks and nature preserves with hiking trails, biking trails, fishing and bird watching
- Kayaking and canoeing along Spring Creek or Cypress Creek
- Disc golf and paintball
- Art exhibits at local galleries and the nearby Museum of Fine Arts Houston
- The annual Christmas Candlelight Tours at Tomball’s Museum Center
- Local community and professional theater productions of The Nutcracker
- Live performances from well known “Texas music” artists and those on the way up at Main Street Crossing
- Awarding-winning festivals and events such as:
- Rail & Tails Mudbug Festival - April
- July 4th Celebration & Street Party - July
- GroovFest - September
- Deck the Depot Christmas Tree Lighting - December
- Tomball German Christmas Market - December
- The family-oriented “2nd Saturday at the Depot” for kids
- The award-winning Tomball Farmers Market
- Antiquing and treasure hunting throughout the historic downtown district
- Shopping at boutiques and specialty shops
- Seasonal picture opportunities at Weinberg's Rosehill Farm, Harvest Season Farm, Old Time Christmas Tree Farm, and Wunderlich Farm
- Haunted downtown “Ghost Tours”
- Exploring pioneer life at Kleb Woods Nature Center and Farm
- Picking your own fruit and berries at the Matt Family Orchard and Atkinson Farm
- Letterboxing and geocaching
- Sampling local wines at The Bluebonnet Tasting Room, Thirsty Bee Meadery and The Empty Glass.
- Sampling Texas craft beers at area breweries such as Fire Ant Brewery, Paradigm Brewing, and Bearded Fox Brewing Co.
- Visiting vineyards like DeepRoots Vineyards, B.E. Winery, and Wild Stallion Vineyards are minutes away
- Shooting nature photography on more than 575 combined areas of nearby woodlands
- Catching the waves at Hurricane Harbor Waterpark – the largest waterpark in southeast Texas
And, these are just a few of the many reasons why “Tomball is Texan for Fun!” Check it out for yourself . . .