Welcome to the City of Tomball Building Division. The Building Division is responsible for the code compliance of all construction in the City of Tomball.
We review all plans for:
- Residential construction
- New commercial and tenant changeouts
We provide support for the citizens of the City of Tomball and inspect their construction to make sure it meets minimum building codes.
Schedule inspections online
The City of Tomball is currently on the following codes:
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Building Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2017 National Electric Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2015 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- The State of Texas has signed House Bill HB-1736 into law. This law requires all residential and commercial buildings to meet the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code. To comply, the City of Tomball began requiring all buildings to meet the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code. This change went into effect on January 1, 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 281-290-1400.