The City of Tomball has started a meter conversion project for all of its residential and commercial water utility customers. Installation is expected to take 12 months as the City will replace almost 5,000 meters as part of our efforts to upgrade meters and modernize the City’s water billing infrastructure.
City of Tomball crews and the City’s contractor, Aqua-Metric, will be working together across the City. Below are a few important facts to know about the program:
- Aqua-Metric employees will be properly identified with their company logo on their vehicles and uniforms. They will also be accompanied by City of Tomball employees.
- Aqua-Metric and City of Tomball employees will not need to enter homes at any time to perform work.
- In most cases, the work will be performed Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. There may be some work performed on Saturday.
- Installation typically takes less than 30 minutes for each location, during which time the water to the property will be temporarily turned off.
- Customers will receive a door hanger the week before installation.
- Customers will receive a door hanger notifying them that their water meter has been changed or the water meter could not be changed due to various issues, like a locked fence or loose animal.
If you have any questions, please contact City of Tomball Customer Service at Customerservice@tomballtx.gov or (281) 290-1450.