When positions become available, the City of Tomball will accept applications for dispatchers to work various shifts part-time and full-time in our Police Department. These positions will answer and dispatch police and fire, 9-1-1 emergency and non-emergency calls, as well as various other duties as needed in support of the department.
- Perform professionally and maintain control in extreme situations
- Ability to speak clearly and communicate effectively in any situation
- High level of computer and typing skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment and multi-task
- Dependability, reliability, consistent attendance and the ability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays, as required
- Basic Telecommunication certification is desirable or must be obtained within one year
- Must be a United States Citizen (Texas Administrative Code, Title 37 Part 7, Chapter 217, Rule §217.1 (b)(17))
- Must be free of criminal history and successfully pass a thorough background investigation
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screening successfully
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement - The City of Tomball does not discriminate based on Race, Color, National Origin, Sex, Gender, Religion, Age or Disability in employment or the provision of services.
Click here to see job opportunities currently available with the City of Tomball.