Find out More About the Budget
This section is meant to provide taxpayers with additional information to ensure that we are being transparent with the city's finances. By opening our books to the public, taxpayers can see exactly where their money is going.
The City participated in the Texas Comptrollers' Leadership Circle for 5 years and received the highest level awarded for transparency each year. The Comptrollers' Office modified the transparency award and the City has chosen to participate in the new program called Transparency Stars. The program seeks to recognize government entities that open their books and provide clear and meaningful financial information to their citizens. Current Tax Rates
The table below summarizes the City's financial position for its most recently completed fiscal year, October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2020. The source of the population figures used for the per capita calculations is the Wolfram Alpha population estimates, June 2021. Total full time equivalent positions for all personnel in the most recently completed fiscal year was 193.
|Total Expenses||Total Revenues||Total Property Tax Revenue||Total Sales tax revenue|
|Per Capita (11,778 est. population)||$5,033.44||$5,043.24||$590.93||$1,043.63|
Provided in this section are:
- Current Year's Proposed Annual Budget: Budgets for the last seven years and the proposed budget for the upcoming year Annual Budget Archive
- Current Annual Financial Report: Annual Financial Report for the last seven years. This report is the annual audited financial statements Financial Report Archive
- Current Monthly Check Register: The monthly check register including all operating checks written, all outgoing wire transfers, and summaries of semi-weekly payroll Monthly Check Registers
- Current Tax Rates: Local tax rates for the city
- Public Information Requests: Instructions and related forms to make a public information request
- Contact the Mayor or City Council
- Debt Information: summary information on the City’s outstanding debt.
- HOT SB1221 Reporting
- Charts: Revenues and Expenditures per capita and Property tax rate trends
- Raw budget: downloadable budget document
- Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting 2019
- Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting 2018
- Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting 2017
- Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting 2016
- Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting 2015
- Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting 2014
For more information, please visit Texas Transparency.