Warrant Search


If you miss your court date without a valid excuse, a warrant may be issued for your arrest. Use the link above to find out if a warrant has been issued in your case. Some warrants may not appear online, so you should also contact the Court Clerk if you want to confirm whether or not you have a warrant.

If you do not keep up with your payment plan, or if you otherwise fail to successfully complete your case, you may be subject to a "post-judgment arrest warrant" or "Capias Profine."

If you have an arrest warrant or Capias Profine, additional fees will be added to the fines and court costs you may already owe. Information about you and your vehicle will be entered into a nationwide police database. If police stop you for any reason, you may be taken into custody and your vehicle may be impounded.

You should take immediate action if you have outstanding warrants or Capias Profines. Contact the Court right away. It will be costly and embarrassing if you are arrested at your home or business.

Arrest warrants and Capias Profines never "go away" until you come to Court and resolve your case(s). If you ignore your warrants or Capias Profines, you may be arrested at any time in the future, no matter where you are or what you are doing.


Please read this section very carefully. If you make a good faith effort to resolve your warrant or Capias Profine, we will try to help you. You will not be arrested if you come to Court to work things out.

Your options include:

  • Option # 1: Appear at Tomball Municipal Court and plea "Guilty" or "No Contest." Pay your fine, court costs, and fees. You may apply for a payment plan if you cannot pay the fine in one lump sum. 
  • Option #2: Appear at Tomball Municipal Court and post a cash bond. Posting a cash bond will immediately remove your arrest warrant. Usually, the cash bond amount is the amount due listed on your warrant. Posting a bond does not mean you are guilty of your charged offense. You will be scheduled to come to Court and discuss your case with the prosecutor. If you wish to plea "Not Guilty" and have a trial, you can do so. Your cash bond can be used to help pay fines and fees, and any balance remaining after fines and fees are paid will be refunded to you after your case is disposed. If you have a "post-judgment warrant" or "Capias Profine," you cannot post a cash bond.
  • Option # 3: Go to a bail bondsman (Surety) and have the bail bondsman post a surety bond for you. Posting a surety bond will immediately remove your arrest warrant. You will have to pay surety fees (approximately 10% of the bond amount) to the bail bondsman. The bonding company must be registered with Harris County. NO OUT-OF-COUNTY BONDS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Posting a bond is not paying your fine or fees, and you may still owe fines or fees when your case is finally disposed. Your warrants will be lifted, but you must come to Court on your scheduled court date. The surety fees you pay to a bail bondsman are not refundable. If you have a Capias Profine, you may not post a surety bond.
  • Option # 4: Hire an attorney. Your attorney can post an "Attorney Bond" for you. The attorney must be registered in Harris County as an approved surety to post your bond. Most importantly, your attorney can give you legal advice and tell you about all the consequences of your decisions relative to your case. Remember, Court staff, judges, and prosecutors are not allowed to give you legal advice; only your attorney can do that. If you have a Capias Profine, your attorney cannot post bond for you.
  • Option #5: Turn yourself into the Tomball Police Department. You will be taken into custody. A Magistrate will see you within 24 hours to discuss your options with you. The Magistrate may lower your bond or release you without requiring a bond as long as you promise to appear in Court.
  • Option #6: Come in person to a "Walk-in Docket" and speak to the judge about your warrant(s) or Capias Profine(s). You will not be arrested when you appear in person for a "Walk-in Docket" hearing. "Walk-in Dockets" are usually on Wednesday mornings at 9:00. You should contact the Court Clerk in advance for instructions on when and where to appear. If you appear before the judge during a "Walk-in Docket," the judge may place your warrant(s) or Capias Profine(s) "on hold," and you will not be arrested as long as you continue to appear on your court date(s) and work toward resolving your case(s) as required.
  • Option #7: Contact the Court Clerk's office during regular business hours and request a court date. You may request a court date by phone, by mail, by email, or in person. You will not be arrested if and when you come to the Court Clerk's office to request a court date. However, your warrant(s) and Capias Profine(s) will remain active until you appear in Court. If the judge grants your request for a court date, then you will be given a date to appear at a regular docket, and your warrant(s) or Capias Profine(s) will be placed "on hold." You will not be arrested as long as you continue to appear on your court dates and work toward resolving your cases as required. If for some reason, the judge does not grant your request for a new court date, you may still appear in person at any "Walk-in Docket" as described in Option 6 above.


Payment options for people with warrants and Capias Profines are CASH, Credit Card (VISA or Mastercard ONLY), Money Order, or a Certified Bank Check. NO PERSONAL CHECKS will be accepted once you have a warrant or Capias Profine. No phone payments will be accepted. Credit card holders need to appear in person with a photo ID.


If your warrant(s) or Capias Profine(s) are assigned for collection, a Private Collection Agency will contact you with information about your warrant(s) or Capias Profine(s) and how you can make payments. Be aware that your warrant(s) or Capias Profine(s) are still active even after your case(s) are assigned to a collection agency, and you are still subject to arrest until all warrants or Capias Profines are resolved.


If you do not have enough money to pay your fines and fees in one lump sum, you may apply for a payment plan that allows you to delay payment or pay in installments.

Perhaps you lost your job or have serious health issues. If you are unable to pay fines or fees because of some special circumstances, you may still have many options to resolve your warrants or Capias Profines. You should contact the Court right away. The judge may have a hearing to determine whether you are "indigent" or too poor to satisfy your fines and fees with money.

If you are "indigent," you may be able to pay your fines and fees by performing "Community Service" or some other sentencing alternative that is more appropriate for your special situation. However, the only way to know whether you can work out your cases by alternative means is to come to Court and speak to the judge.