Tomball Power Switch
During these unprecedented times, many of us are facing economic challenges and are looking for ways to save money and lower our monthly expenses. The Texas Power Switch is a program that makes it easy to lower your electricity bills, especially as we enter the hot summer months.
With the approval of the City Council, the City of Tomball is officially working with the Texas Power Switch to help residents save money on their electric bills.
What is the Tomball Power Switch?
The Texas Power Switch is a group energy switching program run by iChoosr, LLC and is licensed by the Public Utility Commission of Texas. It gives residents the opportunity to join together and get a lower rate on electricity by asking energy providers to bid on the group’s business.
There is no cost to the residents or the City for this service, nor does the City receive any compensation. This is a service exclusively designed to help residents save money.
Save on average $425 on your electric bills per year
Texans who switched in the last program are expected to save an average of $425 per year on their energy bills. The more people that participate, the greater the chances are of obtaining a competitive rate. Please keep in mind, there’s no fee to participate or obligation to switch.
Here’s how it works:
• Have an electricity bill handy and visit www.texaspowerswitch.com/tomball.
• Register for free before September 15, 2020. It only takes a few minutes.
• The Texas Power Switch will organize an auction among electricity providers and the lowest rate wins.
• Participants will receive a personal offer email by September 26, 2020 and then decide whether to accept the offer or not.
• Please remember that re-registration is required for each program
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-376-2077 from 8am to 10pm (Monday to Saturday).
Please note: Households in areas served by a member-owned electricity cooperative or a municipal-owned utility are not eligible to participate. Also, there is no cost to the City to offer this service, nor does the City receive any financial benefit.
For more information on how this program works, check out the video below.