The Community Development Department serves to protect public health, safety and welfare and ensures that growth is performed in a responsible manner to preserve the integrity of the City while fostering an environment of collaboration with the development community.
The Development Guide (PDF) has been developed to assist local landowners, architects, engineers, developers and other interested parties with understanding the significant phases of the development review process in the corporate limits and extraterritorial jurisdiction ("ETJ") of the City of Tomball.
Schedule a Pre-Development Meeting
Property owners and developers are encouraged to schedule a pre-development meeting before undertaking a project to obtain pertinent information relating to their proposal. The processes will require further review before formal approval.
The Pre-Development Meeting may consist of representatives from the following divisions:
- Fire Marshal
- City Manager’s Office
Staff will be ready to assist you with:
- Processing of subdivisions, residential and commercial projects
- Platting questions/requirements
- Zoning questions
- Utility availability
- Right-of-way and dedication requirements
- Drainage questions/requirements
- Building code and compliance
- Fire code and compliance
Requestors are highly encouraged to provide the following for the pre-development meeting:
- A preliminary site plan or conceptual site plan
- Property survey
- Any available architectural plans, plats, and utility plans
- The property owner or owner’s representative
- Developers, engineers, surveyors, architects, and other representatives of the project are strongly encouraged to attend