The Investigations Division is responsible for the follow-up investigations of most criminal offenses and other support function of the department. This division is organized into the Investigations Unit, the Information Systems Unit, and Investigative Services Unit (property / evidence) personnel, training, and the Criminal Intelligence function.
Investigations Unit Tasks
- Follow- up on cases not initially cleared by patrol division
- Recognize and document patterns of crime
- Conduct surveillance
- Coordinate with and assist other agencies
- Gather and disseminate criminal intelligence to other divisions and agencies
- Interview suspects, witnesses, victims, and arrested persons.
- Initiate narcotics cases
- Work with all confidential informants
- Conduct undercover and special operations
- Maintain all records and interview listed sexual offenders residing in Tomball
- Complete all background investigations on new applicants to the Tomball Police Department.